Perkins Dentistry in Dunnellon, FL offers general, cosmetic, restorative and implant treatments for a range of dental health concerns to patients in both Marion and Citrus Counties. It is important to address oral health issues as soon as they begin to develop to avoid further, or permanent damage to the teeth and gums. Regular visits to the dentist can allow for conservative and effective treatment of your oral health concerns. From general tooth decay to advanced full smile restorations, Perkins Dentistry tailors our dental services to the needs and goals of our patients.
Dr. Carter Perkins has over 25 years of experience providing comprehensive and compassionate preventive, cosmetic and restorative dentistry to the Dunnellon, FL community. Dr. Perkins believes in building patient-dentist relationships founded on mutual trust and open communication. Dedicated to advancing his skill and education, Dr. Perkins and his entire dental care team participate in regular continuing education courses to stay current on the latest dental techniques and technology in order to provide patients with high quality, state of the art dental care that meets their needs.
Dental Health Concerns
Dental health concerns can affect the aesthetics of your smile and jeopardize the health and function of your bite. Whether cosmetic or restorative, dental health concerns should be addressed by your dentist as soon as possible for the best long term result.
- Bleeding Gums- Bleeding gums are a common symptom of advanced gum disease. Left untreated, gum disease is a common cause of tooth loss, gum recession, and bone deterioration. If you notice your gums are bleeding while you are brushing or flossing, contact our Dunnellon, FL dentist office right away, Dr. Perkins offers comprehensive periodontal screenings and periodontal therapy for the treatment of gum disease.
- Crooked Teeth- Crooked teeth are both a cosmetic and oral health concern. Patients with crooked teeth are more likely to develop tooth decay, worn teeth, or even complications with the jaw and bite.
- Discolored Teeth- Yellow or discolored teeth are a common cosmetic dental concern. Teeth can naturally yellow from enamel erosion, trauma or from certain medications. Dr. Perkins offers cosmetic treatment options to whiten discolored teeth.
- Headaches- Patients who experience chronic headaches often seek treatment with out results. For many patients, chronic headaches are associated with bruxism, or teeth grinding and can be treated by their dentist.
- Fear of the Dentist- Dental anxiety may prevent a patient from receiving the dental care they need.
- Missing Teeth- Missing teeth can jeopardize the health and function of the teeth and jaw. Dr. Perkins offers full mouth reconstruction services to replace missing teeth and restore oral health.
- Tooth Cavities- Tooth decay is the most common dental health concern that affects patients of all ages. Regular dental health exams can allow for conservative dental care. Dr. Perkins offers dental fillings, root canals and tooth extractions for treating cavities.
- Teeth Grinding- Many patients grind their teeth in their sleep. Teeth grinding can affect the health and function of the teeth and gums. Dr. Perkins offers oral sleep appliances to treat bruxism.
- Sleep Apnea- Sleep apnea is a progressive condition that can cause secondary oral health and systemic health complications. Our Dunnellon, FL dentist office provides sleep apnea treatment to improve symptoms and reduce associated health risks.
Areas We Serve
Visting the dentist every six months for a dental checkup can help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dr. Perkins and our dental care team offer a no-pressure enviroment where we focus on patient education for disease prevention.
Perkins Dentistry welcomes new and returning patients from many Marion and Citrus County communities including Ocala, Belleview, The Villages and Inverness. To request a dental health exam, contact our dentist office at (352) 440-5827 or click here to request an appointment online.